Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> East Coast Cookout 2006, Sept 16, 2006 near DC
Moneypit
post Sep 17 2006, 09:58 AM
Post #181

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,360
Region Association: Southwest Region

Very glad i got to go. Thanks to Jim (type 47) for giiving me the ride there and back, To the hosts Caroline and Alan for food and space to cram as many cars into as possible, Kerry for organizing, and of course everyone for going..... now i HAVE to get my car out here, so when asked which is mine, i don't have to explain how its in Phoenix (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I still have one dillema...... I DONT KNOW WHAT COLOR TO PAINT MY CCCAARRRR!!!!! or what bumpers to use......

got a few pics on my phone, lets see if they work...

(IMG:http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9982/drevilpv0.jpg)
DR Evil hard at work, complete with crowd.

(IMG:http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/9413/914sdrivezz5.jpg)
Driveway full of 914's

(IMG:http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/3807/babydollfj8.jpg)
Babydoll gettin new crane ignition
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
root
post Sep 17 2006, 10:31 AM
Post #182

Two Wheeled Type4 Completed!

Member No.: 2,026
Region Association: None

The tool is a black square tube with white hockey tape on one end and a 901 slider gear welded to the other end. Looks a little like a modern day cladiator weapon! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Sep 17 2006, 11:07 AM
Post #183

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I got my www.flickr.com account in order.
Go here to see the pics. Click on ECC 2006

Some of them are just refernce pics for me, some of them are nice, some not as much.

Here is a little composit of all the pics on the page. If anyone wants the full versions, please send me a PM and I will send the full version to you. They have not been processed in Photoshop, but the full pic are better then film qualty if you want to have them printed.

If Kerry and Caroline/Alan PM me thier addresses, I'll mail them a cd with all the pics on them in full size.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Sep 17 2006, 11:10 AM
Post #184

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435

QUOTE(root @ Sep 17 2006, 12:31 PM) *

The tool is a black square tube with white hockey tape on one end and a 901 slider gear welded to the other end. Looks a little like a modern day cladiator weapon! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)

Dr. Evil has it.

Zach
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
JPB
post Sep 17 2006, 11:44 AM
Post #185

The Crimson Rocket smiles in your general direction.

Member No.: 5,107

QUOTE(Moneypit @ Sep 17 2006, 11:58 AM) *

Very glad i got to go. Thanks to Jim (type 47) for giiving me the ride there and back, To the hosts Caroline and Alan for food and space to cram as many cars into as possible, Kerry for organizing, and of course everyone for going..... now i HAVE to get my car out here, so when asked which is mine, i don't have to explain how its in Phoenix (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I still have one dillema...... I DONT KNOW WHAT COLOR TO PAINT MY CCCAARRRR!!!!! or what bumpers to use......

got a few pics on my phone, lets see if they work...

(IMG:http://www.vzwpix.com/mi/106347952_340505441_0.jpeg?limitsize=320,320&outquality=56&ext=.jpg&border=2,0,0,0)
DR Evil hard at work, complete with crowd.

(IMG:http://www.vzwpix.com/mi/106346592_340500918_0.jpeg?limitsize=320,320&outquality=56&ext=.jpg&border=2,0,0,0)
Driveway full of 914's

(IMG:http://www.vzwpix.com/mi/106346539_340500747_0.jpeg?limitsize=320,320&outquality=56&ext=.jpg&border=2,0,0,0)
Babydoll gettin new crane ignition

Hey bud. If ya wanna know what color got the most attention, it was Joel's ice blue car followed second by blacky the flat black one. All the ladies that I spoke to loved that light metalic blue and it really was sweet according to my taste. I like the maintanence free thing of the flat black one as well as the huge meats on the rims. As for the bumpers, its nice to shed a few pounds with FG ones and smaller the rear one the better but thats just me. The front one is all function as well as looks. If performance and a front oil cooler is in the works, then you have to take that into account as well as keeping the air from going under the chassy for speed. There are lots of pics in the member's car pics thread and I'm certain many parts in member's garage which are available at a discount.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) Have fun with it bro.

+Quote Post
jimkelly
post Sep 17 2006, 11:46 AM
Post #186

Delaware USA

Member No.: 2,460

That's funny - Rod/Root told me if you dip it in a bucket of soapy water it makes great bubbles - hum : )

the aka:tool doubles as a martial arts weapon but I suggest Evil protect his bad ass self from his self taught kung fu moves by wearing helmut : )

I juts put a downpayment on a 350 SBC V8 from a 1969 4spd Camaro I just test drove - shit - chirpping tires by accident felt nice - and best part is that it is estimated to have about 320HPs - what ever that means : )
+Quote Post
ws91420
post Sep 17 2006, 11:47 AM
Post #187

Yes I have one a Lensley 914

From: Ruther Glen,VA (halfway between sticks and civilization)
Member No.: 1,137

Ball is not Jimmy's but we had a great time and appreciated the hospitality. We need to get a NoVA breakfast or dinner thing started.
+Quote Post
Marlow
post Sep 17 2006, 12:31 PM
Post #188

Member No.: 1,027

This was the first event I've attended and I had a great time meeting and talking to everyone. Thanks again to Kerry, Alan, & Caroline, for setting up and hosting the event. Excellent job and great food!!

I was actually surprised to hear so many positive comments about the color of my 914. From some of the posts on the forum I had gotten the idea that some of the blues weren't very well liked by club members, I assumed mine was one of them. I was quite happy to hear all the good comments. I had an RX-7 in almost the exact same color and loved it. I need to fix my hood though, can't stand that it doesn't fit flush on one side. To anyone interested, it is Marathon Blue Metallic, code L96M.

Great pictures Zach!

Caroline, could that be the used alternator?
+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post Sep 17 2006, 12:34 PM
Post #189

I am Tangerine Racing

Member No.: 209

It looks like you guys had a great event! I thought serously about riding down with Ray Gonsalves but really couldn't spare the 24 hours. A new 914 customer was at my shop 'til afternoon yesterday while I finished up the week's work on his car so he could drive it home.
Ray, how was the trip? Uneventful I hope. You've had enough problems with your car recently. It looks like you were an integral part of the tech session there. Did it shift a lot better on the way home?
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Sep 17 2006, 12:48 PM
Post #190

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372

Rays car:
-Cup bushing at end of shift rod - gone - replaced
- 1st gear - critical/worn parts
- 2nd gear - critical/warn parts
- Front tranny seal leaking = saturated clutch disk = slipping, and glazing of both flywheel and pressure plate. Ray and Sean cleaned and deglazed both. I replaced the clutch disk and front tranny seal afterwards.

At the end he had no tranny leaks, he could find 1st, and the clutch was working correctly. He still needs a rebuild on his tranny, though.

Caroline and Alan, you are two increadibly awsome people. I honestly just liked hanging out with the two of you. I wish I lived closer. Thank you for hosting the event and allowing me to work on Ray's car in your driveway.

Kerry, as always thanks for doing all of the work to make this happen.

It was great to meet many of you (I didnt meet all of you). I am pleasantly supprised at how many great people we have in our reagion. I am lucky to know all of you.

Special thanks to Zach for driving driving me to the event and all the way home adding two hours to your trip. This allowed Noel to use our only functioning car yesterday, allowed me to go to the ECC, allowed me to come home with the tranny to be rebuilt, and allowed me to get to know you a lot more. Your one cool dude (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)

This was by far one of my favorite events ever, even though I was working the whole time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
Babydoll
post Sep 17 2006, 01:26 PM
Post #191

Babydoll no beer function well without

Member No.: 4,336

[...
Caroline, could that be the used alternator?
[/quote]

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) That's it, it's a used alternator! What shall I do with it?
+Quote Post
hberwald
post Sep 17 2006, 01:29 PM
Post #192

Member No.: 553

Wow! sounds like fun was had by all... sorry I had to miss it. I really really wanted to go...of course my car isn't finished yet...

I will make one of these events someday...glad you all enjoyed it..
+Quote Post
Marlow
post Sep 17 2006, 02:43 PM
Post #193

Member No.: 1,027

I believe it was one of the donated give-away items . . . I'd say if no one claims it, you've got a (hopefully) good used spare alternator! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

You could always make an artsy lazy-Susan out of it!!
+Quote Post
wit61
post Sep 17 2006, 02:45 PM
Post #194

Member No.: 6,269

This was also my first ECC event. Thanks to Kerry and our gracious hosts. It was great meeting everyone and seeing some awesome cars. I look forward to the next one....
+Quote Post
Moneypit
post Sep 17 2006, 03:00 PM
Post #195

Just got word from james at JWest. My stuff's (rennshift, nylon engine bar mounts, new trunk hinges) all packed up an ready to ship. one step closer to gettin mine here for the next round of 914 Shenanigans.

Dr.Evil: I'll have to talk to my folks and see about what condition that transmissions in, maybe it can come up when the car comes out here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)
+Quote Post
MikeSpraggi
post Sep 17 2006, 03:24 PM
Post #196

Member No.: 3,570

This was absolutely a great event! A lot of work went in to making it the success that it was .... thank you Kerry ... excellent MC'ing skills. Also a big thanks to Caroline and Alan for being such gracious hosts. And finally, a really big thanks to all the teeners that showed up, some put in a lot of miles to get there.

My first event but certainly not my last. It felt like .... well, kinda like coming home. What with all of those odd looking cars produced 30 some odd years ago all together. Once you got there, you knew you belonged. Just a great group of guys and gals. Thank y'all kindly.
+Quote Post
cooltimes
post Sep 17 2006, 03:44 PM
Post #197

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,081

Thanks for sharing the fun and photos.
Now can anyone tell me?
What color is the 1973 914 with Virginia Plates, PSW-648.
I am color blind. Looks grey to me but so do red, yellow and all other colors. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

MikeCool
+Quote Post
Moneypit
post Sep 17 2006, 04:00 PM
Post #198

It was a dark grey metalic color, not sure if it was original color or not. he's also got a 9014 that we should be putting a motor into in a few weeks hopefully.....
+Quote Post
cooltimes
post Sep 17 2006, 04:53 PM
Post #199

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,081

QUOTE(Moneypit @ Sep 17 2006, 05:00 PM) *

It was a dark grey metalic color, not sure if it was original color or not. he's also got a 9014 that we should be putting a motor into in a few weeks hopefully.....

Thanks.
My color perception must be getting better.
+Quote Post
firstknight13
post Sep 17 2006, 06:57 PM
Post #200

Member No.: 3,817

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ok well first i would like to thank caroline and allen for hosting the event and letting evil do his thing!!! i would like to thank everyone who attended as it wouldn't have gone without. yes it would have been great to have racerchris at the event to answer 'q's... yes i had an eventfull week prior to the picnic. they say bad things happen in 3's.. first i lost the clutch cable driving on a on ramp in heavy traffic... fixed it then while jacking it up to adjust the cable the jack post collapsed into the car and (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) .. went to get gas at station and bottomed out on the ground pump filler.. took out the motor mount bolt, it ripped right out.. fixed it so i knew i wouldn't have problems going down to the picnic. i was a 8 hr. ride and it was uneventful until i lost 1 gear... some of the hills in va are not condusive to slipping clutches (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) .. but i did make it in the driveway to a reserved space up front at caroline and allens.. by the way they have a big enough house to host the whole 914 club and we could have pizza from the pro pizza oven in their kitchen (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) ... as you saw the car went up on jackstands and thats where it stayed ALL day.. we got done at 8 and after i test drove it and a few adjustments we were on the road!!! THANKS to DR. EVIL!!!!!!!!!!! he is the man and proved to be a wealth of information to us all who listened.... driving home (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) was a lot more fun than incoming... i was doing way over the speed limit .. no tickets or problems... yes i have 1,2,3,4,5 it will be better when i get the full tranny rebuild from the DR. .... it was really great to meet the faces of 914... hope to see ALL again soon!!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)
+Quote Post

11 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 10:03 AM